Electronic / Computer Hardware / Timing Technician
If you are an Electronic / Computer Hardware Technician with an interest in motor sports, this is probably your dream job.
TSL is currently looking for a qualified, competent and enthusiastic Electronic / Computer Hardware Technician to hit the ground running.
Qualifications & Skills Required
- Degree / HND in Computer Science
- 2 to 3 years’ experience in an electronic systems environment
- 2 to 3 years’ experience in an IT hardware environment
- High analytical capability
- IT networking
- Good interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability and willingness to travel to different locations
- Good team working skills
- Technical aptitude
- The ideal candidate will be required to manage the planning and organisation of their own workload, including prioritisation
- Knowledge of Project management methodologies – including Agile
- Knowledge of relational databases, ideally MSSQL Server
- Raspberry Pi development
- Working knowledge of Microsft Office products
- Software deployment on varying hardware platforms
- IT Networking; eg. Cisco certified network associate certification or equivalent
The Role Will Involve
- Electronic circuit design and build
- Electronic fault finding
- Installation and support of IT hardware for our user base
- Installation and support of Microsoft and TSL software for our user base
- Configuring and testing software and hardware
- Installation of new and replacement equipment
- Attending motorsport events to setup and operate specialist IT systems
- Resolving user issues via a dedicated user support system
- Training users on the use of hardware and software products
- Maintaining and updating asset register (desktop, hardware, software & systems) when new equipment is installed, moved or disposed of
The role is office based with off-site work supporting events around the UK and worldwide.
Working times vary by agreement, but are mainly 9-5 with lunch breaks while based at the office.
When working off-site supporting events, hours vary depending on the event requirements.
Salary depending on experience and qualifications. A company pension scheme is in operation and the successful candidate will also be entitled to private health care.
A company vehicle will also be available for use on company business. A current UK driving licence is therefore essential.
How to Apply
All candidates MUST submit a current CV in the first instance to email@example.com. Please note that you MUST also state your grades for all relevant qualifications.